Release date: 11.02.2012r.
Author: Krzysztof Furtak
Description: Plugin kk countdown counts down to specific dates in the future.
Install KK Countdown:
1. In a page header following files should be included:
- JQuery – download HERE
- plugin – kkcountdown.min.js
2. Once a webpage is uploaded, we launch plugin countdown with the below code:[js]
dayText : ‚day ‚,
daysText : ‚days ‚,
hoursText : ‚h ‚,
minutesText : ‚m ‚,
secondsText : ‚s’,
displayZeroDays : false,
oneDayClass : ‚one-day’
3. Next, we need to place tag which consists of at least two below mentioned attributes:
- class – kkcount-down
- time – in this case the value indicates the date. This attribute needs to be expressed in digits only. You can use this time converter.
This tag can be put in a random place on the webpage.
Available options:[table type=”simple”]
|dayText||‚day’||Text displayed after certain number of days included in countdown (when number days = 1)|
|daysText||‚days’||Text displayed after certain number of days included in countdown|
|hoursText||‚:’||Text displayed after certain number of hours included in countdown|
|minutesText||‚:’||Text displayed after certain number of minutes included in countdown|
|secondsText||”||Text displayed after certain number of seconds included in countdown|
|oneDayClass||false||Class will be added if there is less than 24 hours untill the end of countdown|
|textAfterCount||‚—‚||Text is displayed after the countdown is over (quantity is not take into consideration if it is set up as ‚callback’ option)|
|displayDays||true||Displaying the number of days remaining till the end of countdown: true– the number of days is displayed, false– the number of days is not displayed|
|displayZeroDays||true||Displaying the number of days when number of days is 0.|
|addClass||false||Adding a class to markers indicating countdown (e.g. indicated the name of call e.g. ‚class-name’)|
|callback||false||Indicate the name of fucntion which should be launched after the end of countdown (e.g. my Function|
[divider type="pointer-left"] [contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png] [divider type="pointer-left"]
- NEW: Plugin code has been rewritten. This will allow you add new options.
- NEW: You can define text after the number of hours, minutes and seconds.
- NEW: You can turn off the number of days, if the number of days is zero.
- CHANGE: Instead, define the text color of the countdown, when the countdown to the end left less than 24 hours, we define a class.
- NEW: Function added allows to adjust the settings.
- CHANGE: Minor changes have been made in the script which protect against conflicts with other page elements.
- CHANGE: Improved countdown script which is more efficient and works much faster.
- CHANGE: Change of the atribute needed for the script to work properly. Instead of ID we should not use only appropriate class.
v 1.0 BETA:
- NEW: possibility to add as many dates as you wish till which time will be counted
- NEW: If there are less than 24 hours left to a particular day, digits will start glowing in red
To sum up I would like to mention that I am open to any sugestions regarding new options or any changes to KKCountdown. I also want to invite all those that would like to be up-to-date with plugin news to follow me on Twitter or to visit my page on Google+ or Facebook.